Ren is voiced by Aaron Kubin.
Official Bio Edit
Alex's oldest friend. Wryly intelligent, a bit of a stoner, and easily excitable about even the faintest possibility of fun; one of the few people that Alex considers a "peer." He plays guitar in a garage band, and his greatest accomplishment in life so far is being the best in his group at video games.
Ren is short, with wavy blonde hair and thick eyebrows. He has earrings (possibly plugs), wears a collared shirt with green pants and sneakers. He has an orange backpack in game.
Ren's astrological sign is Cancer. He has two sisters, Allie/Allison (older sister) and Ellie (younger sister, 6 years old). He will say that he needed a babysitter until he was 14, and is terrified of werewolves.
Alex and Ren have been best friends since childhood.
Not much is known about Ren previous to the events of Oxenfree, but at some point after Michael's death and before the beginning of the game, his band had a show in a barnyard in which Alex attends. Ren also mentions having a therapist.
He is the only one to be truly excited about the Beach party, asking Alex to bring her toy radio so they could tune into the caves.
- Alex - Alex and Ren are best friends from childhood, to a point where the two have seen each other naked and it wasn't weird at all because they were so young. He trusts Alex a lot and will confide in her a lot of his feelings and will expect her help often. He generally is the more optimistic one of the duo, and due to his easily excitable demeanor, will drag Alex into a lot of situations.
- Michael - Ren is one of the only people who will not blame Alex for Michael's death. It could be implied that Ren knew Michael pretty well because of his friendship with Alex, but it is never stated whether or not they had a relationship in general.
- Jonas - Jonas and Ren have a pretty neutral relationship in the beginning of the game. However, as the game progresses, they will start blaming each other for the events that unfold. Jonas is generally annoyed at the fact that Ren is often stoned in-game, while Ren will only be antagonistic to that as a result. If Michael is saved in the game and Jonas is no longer related to Alex, Ren is the person who invites Jonas to Edward's Island after Jonas moves into the town.
- Nona - While it is unknown when Ren developed a crush on Nona and the circumstances of it, a lot of the game is surrounded with Ren and Nona's relationship. And while Nona is apprehensive to the idea at first, she will eventually change her mind and be open to the idea of dating Ren because she quite likes him. He finds her absolutely adorable and will care a lot about how she feels.
- Clarissa - While Ren and Clarissa do not interact much in-game, he will generally feel like Clarissa has a better handle on things. It is possible that the two are friends only because of their relationships with Nona.
Ren and Nona are Dating Edit
Ren and Nona will continue to date even after graduating High School, though they will go to different universities, and as a result, have a long distance relationship.
Ren and Nona are not dating and Ren is still your friend Edit
The island will change Ren's feelings towards Camena and the general area, so he ends up in a university in California. If not alienated, Alex will state that Ren is starting another band called "Drunk Talk".
Ren and Nona are not dating and you alienated Ren Edit
The island will change Ren's feelings towards Camena and the general area, so he ends up in a university in California. If alienated, Alex and Ren will not talk as much anymore and Alex will not really know what he is up to.