Nona is voiced by Britanni Johnson.
Official Bio Edit
Best friend of Clarissa. A somewhat shy girl, she idolizes and mimics Clarissa when with her, but is slowly coming out of her shell when apart. Smoker, chews her nails, good at piano, disdainful of people she deems losers but has a huge desire to learn and improve herself. Think Jane Lane from that cartoon show "Daria" or Christina Ricci in anything.
Nona has fair skin and has long black hair with a slouchy brown beanie. She wears a striped shirt underneath an oversized beige-orange sweater, with darker pants and knee high boots.
Not much is known about Nona's life previous to the events of Oxenfree. However, during the game, her flashbacks apparently were about her grandfather.
Around the time of Nona's last birthday a mutual friend of theirs was involved in a car accident, causing Nona to cancel her birthday plans so she could visit them in the hospital instead. Afterward, Clarissa still came to Nona's house with a huge birthday cake and stayed up to watch movies with her.
Nona apparently is known to skip school a lot, confiding to Alex that if you do so, then skip the detention that is given for that offense, you will be suspended. She considers the suspension to be similar to a "paid vacation".
- Alex - Nona and Alex are not particularly close before the game, but Nona will mention that she remembers Alex because of their shared class. She grows closer to Alex during Oxenfree, even inviting Alex to her birthday party afterward. Alex is also the main bridge between a relationship for Nona and Ren or (possibly) Jonas. For the most part, their relationship is positive-neutral, and having the only way for it to become negative is if Alex decides to sacrifice Clarissa and tell Nona about it afterward.
- Clarissa - Nona is one of the few people who accept and love Clarissa for being more than her cliche stereotype. Clarissa and Nona are best friends, with Clarissa loving Nona like a "three-legged puppy". Sometimes, due to Nona's more subdued personality, Clarissa is slightly controlling of her and her actions, but Nona doesn't seem to mind and often will not speak out against her. She willfully follows Clarissa. If Alex decides to sacrifice Clarissa and tell Nona, Nona will yell at Alex about how selfish she is and refuse to reconcile a relationship with her unless Alex fixes the situation.
- Jonas - While she doesn't really have much of an opinion towards Jonas in the beginning of the game, certain dialogue options can slightly push a relationship towards Jonas and Nona. If Jonas admits that he has a crush on Nona and the two of them are left at the Communications Tower, they will end up bonding and become very "chummy", as Alex observes. It is possible for Jonas to ask Nona to go on a steak dinner after the game, with Ren being very upset about it. If this option is not chosen, Jonas and Nona have a neutral relationship.
- Ren - At first, Ren is extremely infatuated with Nona, whereas Nona is slightly weary about the possibility of dating him because she isn't interested in dating in general. Clarissa is possibly also a reason for this. She's closed off about dating in general, but if encouraged by Alex and as she comes out more from her shell, will begin to open up towards him and will eventually admit to liking him as well. This will start a relationship between Ren and Nona. He cares a lot about Nona and her safety.
Nona and Ren are Dating Edit
Nona and Ren will continue to date even after graduating High School, though they will go to different universities, and as a result, have a long distance relationship.
Nona and Ren are not Dating Edit
Nona will end up going to a ballet academy, but Alex doesn't know much else about her.
While Developers have stated that an ending with Jonas and Nona dating to be possible (that is concurrent with the game's secret ending), the current outcome of having them go have their "fancy steak dinner" renders the game so that it follows the Nona and Ren are not dating ending.
- From the Adler's Pier Steam trading card: DID YOU KNOW? The Adler Estate at the edge of Beacon Beach is the only private residence on Edwards Island. Nona will regularly see it in her dreams for the next twelve years following these events. - Edwards Island Visitors Bureau